Friday, June 21, 2013

Cajun Chicken Lasagna

 I love lasagna and when I say I love lasagna, I mean I would probably marry it if it were possible. I love traditional lasagna with it yummy ricotta cheese and tomato sauce laden with meat. I love eggplant lasagna, spicy Indian lasagna, Alfredo lasagna, if you name it lasagna, I will very likely fall in love with it. This little recipe was no different. Prepare to love it!


 
 
Cajun Chicken Lasagna
 
 
2 large boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
1 lb smoked sausage ( any kind you like), sliced in 1/2 length wise then into small pieces
1 medium onion, diced*
1 medium green bell pepper, diced*
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsps. Cajun seasoning
1 tsp. ground sage
2 jars Alfredo sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 box oven ready lasagna noodles
 
 
 
Place the chicken and the sausage in a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add onions, peppers, garlic, Cajun seasoning & sage to chicken. Cook until onions are tender.
 
Pour 1 jar of the Alfredo sauce into the skillet with the chicken mixture. Stir well and heat throughout.
 
Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick spray. Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom.
 
Spoon 1/2 the meat mixture on top of the noodles. Place another layer of noodles then the rest of the meat, ending with noodles.
 
Pour the remaining jar of Alfredo sauce on top of the noodle and then cover with the cheese.
 
Cover dish with foil sprayed with non-stick spray and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
 
 
* you can always use frozen Season Blend veggies which are a mixture of onions, peppers and celery in place of the onions and peppers. Just thaw and drain it 1st, using about a cup and a 1/2 of the product.
 
Here's a pic of the meat mixture..YUMMY!!!
 
Here it is fresh out of the oven! I have to say, non-stick foil is my new favorite thing!
 

 
Eat your heart out y'all!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment